A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Google Analytics enables us to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. This cookie enables us to:
- Learn which pages of our website you visit; and
- Learn how you got to our website and what you click on.
Digital Commissions Cookie
Our website from time to time uses session cookies to facilitate your interaction with the Serpentine Digital Commissions. This cookie enables us to:
- Remember your responses to the Digital Commissions; and
- Store basic data on your interactions with the Digital Commissions.
Shopping Cart Cookie
Our website uses a session cookie to remember your log-in and what you have put in your shopping basket. This cookie is necessary for us to:
- Work our website effectively. If these cookies are disabled then various functionality on the site will be disabled
- Allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket between visits.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.